Click here to download a Microsoft Word version of this resume.
Summary: Jamie Pollard is an experienced
developer, having worked as a technical consultant for eight years. Jamie has worked with clients in a variety of
industries, providing business and technical services to support and enhance
organizational processes and goals.
Jamie is seeking a position in which to continue his technical growth
and gain business experience in range of environments. Jamie possesses a SECRET
Level clearance from the
Technical Experience Summary:
· ASP.NET, ASP 3.0
· Visual Basic .NET, Visual Basic 6.0, C#
· Oracle 9, 8, 7, PL/SQL, SQL
· Visual Studio .NET, Visual InterDev 6.0
· SQL Server 2000, 7.0
· XML, XSL, CSS
· PowerBuilder 7, 6.5, 6
· Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows NT 4.0
· MTS, COM, COM+, IIS
· Actuate Developer Workbench
· Data Transformation Services
Technical Lead / Senior Software Developer, EDS, Inc., May 2004 – Present
Centralized Operations Police Suite
The Centralized Operations Police Suite (COPS) is a database-driven, Web-enabled, secure Intranet application. The purpose of the application is to support processing the United States Army Military Police Reports. Jamie’s contributions to this project included development in the following areas:
· Managed a team of developers, providing tasks and technical support.
· Met with customer to capture and design system requirements.
· Assisted with web-enabling a VB 6.0 application used for capturing detainee information into the cops system.
· DIBRS Reporting system – an application that allows the Army to pull existing database records and formats them inside of text files.
· Created online versions of several Department of Defense forms.
· Standardizations and consolidation of all web pages.
Site Architect, Independent Work, June 2005 – Present
collegeThrift.com is a website geared towards college students, allowing them to post and browse listings in order to buy and sell various items. Since it is intended to be used in a more local setting, it should allow users an easier, less anonymous, and pain free web experience. Jamie’s contributions to the project include:
· Completely re-architected the original website using ASP.NET.
· Created all database tables and SQL scripts.
· Forms authentication user login and registration.
Technologies : ASP.NET, SQL Server 2000, HTML
Programmer/Analyst, ASM Research, Inc., February 2003 – April 2004
HEALTHeFORCES is designed to facilitate the provision of healthcare to military health system beneficiaries by providing the highest national standards of healthcare using a partnership of patients, primary care providers, and specialists linked with an information system that provides patient and physician input and feedback. Jamie’s contributions to this project included development in the following areas:
· Risk Assessment Note – a new clinic note specifically for the Longitudinal Health Risk Assessment Program providing users the ability to generate a specific clinic note and calculate and assess the threat of patient specific diagnoses.
· Contact Manager – a customizable search tool allowing providers to search for specific patients based on a preset list of conditions, returning the pertinent patient information, and giving the providers the ability to export the result set to an excel document.
· Patient Demographics – system to allow providers to enter/update patient contact information to replace what is currently stored in the database.
· Patient Lists – gives providers the ability to track patients for care by assigning them to a specific list type.
· Optometry Note – a new clinic note for the optometry primary care physicians.
Consultant, i3solutions, inc., December 1999 - January 2003
Junior League of Washington (JLW)
JLW is the
· Virtual Placement Registration- an online community service tool, allowing members to register electronically for annual service projects.
· Dues/Billing System - allowing JLW staff to manage dues owed/paid as well as report on functionality using.
· Content Management - allowing the creation of web pages by non-technical JLW staff members, allow senior staff to conduct an approval process and then finally to be displayed on the web.
· Meeting Registration - permitting JLW staff to create events, reserve rooms at JLW headquarters and for members to register for the events.
Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC)
GMAC is an organization representing graduate level business schools around the world; GMAC also owns the GMAT, the premiere aptitude test for business schools. The project consisted of developing a highly complex website for managing the services GMAC provides for its clients, the business schools themselves, and business school candidates. Jamie’s contributions to this project included development in the following areas:
· Site User Registration - allowing Business School Professionals and Students to create profiles.
· Event Registrations - to allow Business School Professionals to participate in the many career development programs offered by GMAC and to support the annual conference attended by thousands of representatives from around the world.
· MBA Forums – an intricate system to manage the annual series of events. These events held in cities throughout the world allowed business schools and candidates to meet and provide workshops for students and the business school representatives. The creation of this tool eliminated the need for a management company and provided a 50% reduction in cost.
· Survey Builder – an ad hoc Survey tool to allow administrators to create online surveys, set permissions, and review results.
· Content management tool to create and display an electronic newsletter.
· MBA Pathfinder - a tool that allows business schools to report program information, which subsequently provides the data for a school search database for MBA candidates.
· Vendor Communication - coordinated technical communication with vendor companies, passing encrypted information for data and e-commerce.
Corporate Issue Tracking System
The issue log allows clients, testers, and development teams to communicate, manage documents, and report/track project specific issues. Originally developed using ASP 3.0 and VB 6.0, the issue log was later converted to a full-scale .NET application. Jamie independently developed both versions of the issue log, as well as fully designed and implemented the database. The issue log provides the following functionalities:
· Allows an administrator to create projects by assigning team members, project information, status, and priority through the administration tools.
· Provides access, permissions and historical data through User Login.
· Provides dynamic issue reporting, sorting tools, and filters for multiple views of data.
· Provides the ability to attach documents and images to an issue.
Bridges Learning System, Inc.
Bridges is an organization that provides testing and development programs for elementary students. This project was an adaptation of an existing thick client application to an online thin client version allowing users to enter test results to generate reports and treatment plans to improve student’s learning skills. Development contributions included:
· Updated the existing online version to reflect changes to the desktop version.
· Modifying reporting tools tying calculations to raw and derived test scores.
Technologies: ASP 3.0, Visual Basic 6.0, SQL Server 2000, COM+.
Net Golf Shop
NetGolfShop.Com is an Internet start-up company with a
business objective of being a leading online provider of golf equipment,
apparel, accessories, and related products and services to golf pro shop and
golfers in the
· Content management piece allowing new clubhouse affiliates to quickly create a web page to be displayed on the site.
· Site message board.
Technologies: ASP 3.0, Visual Basic 6.0, SQL Server 7.0.
Software Developer, Qwest Communications, August 1998 – November 1999
Sales Force Automation
The Attila application was used by an international sales staff of thousands of sales people to keep track of contacts, opportunities, sales, and products, as well as allowing managers to request numerous reports detailing this data. Development contributions included:
· Allowing the Attila application to interface with the Order Entry Application bridging the process of finalizing sales and product delivery.
· Revamped outdated product hierarchy to include current products offered.
· Redesigned and simplified reports to allow for more detailed and customized information.
Technologies: PowerBuilder 6.0, 6.5, 7.0, Oracle 7.0, 8.0, PL/SQL.
The Commissions System allowed for upper management to keep track of commissions paid as well as currently owed to the sales staff. Contributions included:
· Audit reports detailing commissions for management.
· Intranet website to view reports using report viewer.
Technologies: Actuate Developer Workbench, Oracle 8.0.
Bachelor of Arts, May 1998, Mathematics: Concentration in Financial Mathematics